We use creativity and capital to buy, start and grow exceptional businesses.
We are one of the largest private companies in the US but likely different than you’ve seen before. We buy and grow businesses that are leaders in their niches. We also start our own businesses when we see opportunities that we can’t take advantage of through acquisitions. Over 12,000 people work under our brands every day, driving $1B in revenue. Yet despite our scale, we remain flat and nimble with hands-on leadership, operations and a focus on measurable results. Our brands span multiple industries including healthcare, real estate, entertainment, consumer durables and aerospace, with a specialty in building franchise organizations.
We offer significant growth opportunities across our network of businesses, promoting from within whenever possible. We don’t pay attention to formalities or backgrounds – if you can get the job done, we want you here.
FULL STACK ENGINEER
The Full Stack Engineer will play a key role in designing, developing, coding and debugging proprietary, cloud-based systems across various technology stacks for at least one of the Outlier businesses including real estate, healthcare and/or entertainment. In addition to working on one of the Outlier businesses, the Full Stack Engineer will have an opportunity to be assigned to help or champion the build out one or more specific Outlier software products, which are leveraged across the businesses. The Full Stack Engineer will report to the Vice President of Technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop on cloud-based systems using modern technologies including, but not limited to, C#, ASP.NET MVC, Node.js, and PHP.
- Write and maintain SQL queries and stored procedures using relational database languages such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Work with developer tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2019, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Reporting Services, DataGrip, PhpStorm, ReSharper, to name a few. Additionally, work with multiple version control branches either in Git, Team Foundation Server, and others.
- Actively participate in a small team environment to implement any modifications to support a fast-growing business.
- Testing and deploying technology solutions with minimal oversight.
- Participate in peer reviews to ensure quality and accuracy of technology solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and find opportunities to implement them into Outlier’s technology solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or another similar technical discipline with at least 1 year of development experience; or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Systems Engineering; or 4 years of development experience.
- Self-starting, hard working attitude with eagerness to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Enjoyment in working on new technologies, but also fearlessness in digging into an unfamiliar language to make modifications to existing solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Voracious appetite for learning and demonstrating a strong desire to keep up with the latest in development technologies.
- Proficiency in at least one of the modern technologies such as C#, ASP.NET MVC, Node.js, and PHP and one relational database technology such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
WHAT WE’LL GIVE YOU:
- A nimble business environment with the opportunity to grow and make a difference.
- Flat organization to encourage efficient decision making and creativity.
- A team that appreciates and values your contributions.
- A place to be yourself and have fun.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans including dental and vision.
- Company paid HRA contribution (cash toward uncovered/deductible medical expenses).
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA.
- Disability and life insurance.
- 401K Program.
- Career development and training.
- Flexible paid time off and work schedule.
- Casual work environment.
- Healthy food and snacks (and sometimes donuts).
- Customized work space.
- And more!